November 6, 2008

type of update

Hi there, I just updated kathrynshanahan.com. I've had a few freelance jobs here and there, but nothing too straining (that is your hint to send more my way). My "real" job is taking up a lot of energy as we've been undergoing a large, very large, market research project for both franchise brands: Fitness Together & elements therapeutic massage. I have learned so much over the last few months that I could not have imagined when I started working for this company.

There was particularly great feedback from the focus groups [qualitative research] for elements: the customers love, and more importantly - understand - the elements logo. I couldn't be more flattered after what they said in Denver that night, about a logo that I designed over 2 years ago. It's not about how "pretty" it is, or "relaxing", it's the fact that they nailed our idea of a (work-in-progress) brand dead-on; just from viewing the logo! They had never even been in a studio. A logo doesn't make a brand. The consumers make the brand. It was/is so awesome.

On another note, the marketing campaign run by president -elect Barack Obama's people was phenomenal. I couldn't be prouder to be one of the majority, 'under 30 ethnic minority and college-educated whites,' that voted for Obama; after consistently being bombarded through every medium I view daily (Pandora.com, Facebook.com, Google, text messages, e-mail, Signage, people). They hit it hard, they did it right - backed by the statistical data focusing on who they needed the votes from, my generation. I was constantly impressed.

WE DID IT! (with the help of a lil' marketing)

No comments: